When you read a great inspirational book, prayer, or article, don't you think to yourself, "What a great idea! I should do more daily rituals, prayer, meditation."? It always seems like a great idea, right? We know that sacred practices and sacred space bring peace, harmony, joy, and ease into our lives. Sounds like a great idea!
The problem is that the impulse to add more sacred activity into our lives only lasts for a few moments-then life intrudes and we forget all about it until the next time we read something inspiring. So how can we really make space for sacred space in our lives? Luckily it's not as hard as you think. Check out these simple ways you can expand the sacred in your life:
1) Be Simple and Consistent: Consistency in creating sacred space is much more important than quantity. Choose one sacred practice you will do every day, and do it every day. Even if you just sit and breathe for 3 minutes in silence, you'll feel the benefit of those 3 minutes throughout your day.
2) Clear Out the Clutter: Sacred space means actually having a space where you can be in the sacred. Dedicate one area of your house to the sacred by clearing out all the excess junk, creating an altar or space for sacred objects there, and keeping it fresh with incense, candles, or plants. Keep the area energetically clean with by smudging (get instructions by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org).*
3) Have Great Beginnings or Endings: Putting sacred practice at the beginning or end of your day will make it easier to remember and do. Starting your day with sacred practice will bring you peace and awareness throughout the day. Ending your day with sacred practice will help you rest deeply and beneficially.
4) Take Your Sacred Space Outdoors: There's nothing like nature to bring the sacred into our awareness. If you find it difficult to get out of your daily routine indoors, spend a few moments outdoors each day, greeting the sky and earth. You'll be amazed at how fast you connect to the sacred.
5) Move in Sacredness: For those of us who can't sit still long enough to meditate, walking can also be a way to create the sacred. Walking and praying, or walking and talking with our higher powers can create sacred space around you, plus you can take it with you everywhere you go!
Stephanie Yeh is co-founder of the Esoteric School of Shamanism and Magic (http://www.shamanschool.com). Through this online school she helps clients use magical and shamanic techniques to manifest their desires. She teaches clients to use a variety of soft magic (meditation, angels, animal totems, visualization) and hard magic (energy handling, sonics, spellwork, and tarot) techniques to improve many aspects of life and work, including career, health, relationships, and prosperity. Stephanie has created several online and video classes in conjunction with the telecourse format the school utilizes in her attempt to make this valuable information accessible to as many people as possible.
Stephanie is deeply committed to the study and experience of prosperity and to helping other people achieve and experience prosperity. Through the study and application of spiritual principles, which she is involved with through the Esoteric School and with the help of a strong 15-year network marketing business, Stephanie and her partner have helped many people achieve their prosperity goals. Through her site, Prosperity Abounds (http://www.prosperity-abounds.com), she helps others learn to create abundant health and wealth with spiritual and practical resources including Super Blue Green Algae from Cell Tech.
Currently Stephanie continues her quest to share information with her latest project, a free teleconference series sponsored by the Esoteric School on a variety of magickal and shamanic topics with guest speakers from different spiritual communities.