Copyright 2005 Keith Gloster
Have you ever considered writing your own e-book? Writing and distributing an e-book through the proper channels can generate high volumes of traffic and leads for your business.
But before rushing to create your masterpiece, you must first consider your intended target audience and then decide on the kind of content you wish to offer them.
Once this decision has been made, it's time to begin writing the headline and title of your sales letter and e-book. You should spend some time with this to be sure that your headline and title are catchy, targeted and contain one or more of the relevant keywords of your topic.
Next, start writing your sales letter and when finished, use the sales letter headline, e-book title and sales letter as an outline to begin writing your e-book.
Still not convinced of how easy it is to write and distribute an e-book to increase traffic, leads and sales for your business? If not, here are 20 creative ways which will motivate you to get started:
1. People love to get free stuff. A free eBook is perfect. They will visit your web site to get the free valuable information.
2. Give away the full version of your eBook in exchange for testimonials. You can use these customer statements to improve your ads' effectiveness.
3. When you write and give away a free eBook you will become known as an expert. This will gain people's trust and they will buy your main product or service quicker.
4. Publish your web site in eBook format. Put the eBook on a disk or CD-ROM then include it with your direct mail packages. This can increase the number of people that buy your product or service.
5. Offer your eBook as a free bonus for buying one of your main products or services. People will buy the product or service more often when you offer a free bonus.
6. Allow people to download your eBook for free, if they give the e-mail addresses of 3 to 5 friends or associates that would be interested in your eBook. This will quickly build your e-mail list.
7. Create a directory of web sites in eBook form. List peoples web sites in the directory that will agree to advertise the eBook on their web site or e-zine. This will give them an incentive to give away or advertise your eBook.
8. Allow other people to give away your free eBook. This will increase the number of people that will see your ad in the eBook. You could also include a mini catalog of all your product or services that you offer in the eBook.
9. Gain new leads by having people sign up and give you their contact information before they can download your eBook. This is a very effective way to conduct market research.
10. Make money selling advertising space in your eBook. You could charge for full page color ads, classified ads or banners ads. You could also trade advertising space in your eBook for other forms of advertising.
11. Give away the eBook as a gift to your current customers as a way of letting them know you appreciate their business. Place an ad in the eBook for a new back end product you're offering
12. Get free advertising by submitting your eBook to freebie and freeware/shareware web sites. This will increase the number of people that will download your eBook and see your ad.
13. Make money by selling the reprint rights to those that would like to sell the eBook. You could also make even more money by selling the master rights. This would allow other people to sell the reprint rights.
14. Hold a contest on your web site so people can win your eBook. You'll get free advertising by submitting your contest ad to free contest or sweepstakes directories.
15. You will gain valuable referrals from people telling others about your eBook. Word of mouth advertising can be very effective.
16. Make money cross promoting your eBook with other people's products or services. This technique will double your marketing effort without spending more time and money on your part.
17. Increase your e-zine subscribers by giving away your eBook to people that subscribe to your e-zine. This will give people an incentive to subscribe. Allow your e-zine subscribers to also give it away to multiply your subscribers.
18. Give away the eBook to people that join your affiliate program. This will increase the number of people that sign-up. You could also create an eBook for them to use that will help them promote your product or service.
19. Give away the eBook in exchange for people leaving their contact information. This will help you follow-up with the prospects who buy your main product or service.
20. Offer a free eBook that contains a couple of sample chapters. If they like it, give them the option of ordering the full version. It would work just like a software demo or shareware.
Do you need to be an established writer to author your own e-book? No! If the contents of your e-book is legible, targeted and has a perceived value to your audience, it should be well received. Should my e-book be long and filled with a bunch of fluff and filler? Absolutely not! It should be just long enough to get your point across to the reader and short enough to avoid fluff and filler. So there you have it. Start preparing to write your own e-book using the simple 3-step outline presented above. Use the 20 creative techniques for distributing it and watch your traffic and sales soar!
About the author:
Keith Gloster provides advice on effective traffic and lead generation tools and techniques. For the creative edge on permission email marketing, traffic and lead generation, and to claim some valuable bonuses, you can subscribe to his popular newsletter at: http://www.free-mlm-leads-generator.com