Iâ€™ve lived in some very strange homes. Funny thing is they were all pretty much what could be classed as your average suburban home. Some were new and others old. The common denominator was that odd things would happen in all of them.
Years ago no matter where I lived, whether a house was new or not, Iâ€™d experience doors opening and closing by themselves, items disappearing only to be found later in the strangest places, seeing people others didnâ€™t and being touched by unseen hands. Not only was this unnerving; it was also really frustrating! Each time I moved Iâ€™d think â€œHere we go again! What surprises are in store for me this time?â€
As luck would have it I eventually learned several, priceless techniques on how to â€˜cleanseâ€™ my homes on an energy level.
We clean our houses by tidying up, vacuuming, dusting and washing. For us to live comfortably, peacefully and in a more healthy way, we should also take some time to clean the subtle world that surrounds us, every now and again.
Youâ€™ll know when you need to do something; this will be when you get a feeling somethingâ€™s not right - but it should be, and thereâ€™s a sense of disharmony in your home. Of course there will be many other things that youâ€™ll intuitively pick up.
Sometimes itâ€™s a bit more than â€˜negativeâ€™ or â€˜staleâ€™ energy though. Itâ€™s possible that it may be a â€˜spiritâ€™ thatâ€™s quite comfortable living in your space. This is where it can get a bit tricky. From speaking to people over the years, there are some who would rather not mention this type of activity to anybody for fear of ridicule, which is highly understandable. Just imagine â€œBy the way, I have ghosts living with me, isnâ€™t that amazing?â€ answer, â€œYeah right, and Elvis left the building and moved in with me!â€
Since the early days of my studies Iâ€™ve often been asked what can be done to get rid of this disharmony or negative energy, including what to do with unwelcome â€˜disembodiedâ€™ guests.
Well there are a number of simple things you can do.
What you have:
1. Lights flickering on and off, the radio and television sets turn on and off.
2. Doors open and close by themselves.
3. Homes that can feel heavy, lethargic, stale or spooky.
4. Disembodied voices coming from no where in particular.
5. Rooms appear to have wind drafts or sudden temperature drops that defy explanation.
What you check:
1. Get an electrician in to check all electrical wiring, including electrical appliances.
2. Doors may have faulty knobs or need to be rehung.
3. Check for excessive clutter in rooms. Does the place need a makeover? Does the home get enough fresh air?
4. Radios, television sets could be on or any other equipment that can produce a sound.
5. Goes without saying reallyâ€¦check weather conditions, and whether (pardon the pun) windows or doors are open.
What you can do:
1. De-clutter rooms, rearrange the furniture, and put away things you no longer need or use. Bring in brightly coloured flowers either in vases or the potted variety.
2. Create a white column of light and move those pesky free loaders to the next level of the astral plane (you may have to call in a spiritual adept for this one).
3. Do a huge spring clean, wash all curtains, windows, floor mats, cushions etc.
4. Use essential oils such as lavender and cedarwood, for grounding, balancing, cleansing, and healing. I use them for balancing and protecting in my home.
5. Use flower, gem, or other vibrational essences for sprays for cleansing the air in each room.
Of course if you have activity that is more persistent, itâ€™s time to call in a spiritual adept person that has experience in ghost busting.
Youâ€™ll find more on house-clearing in my e-book called â€œBasic House-Clearing 101 â€“ the Energy Wayâ€ on my website http://www.michaelascherr.com/publications.htm.
About the Author
Michaela is a Transformational Coach, certified practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), writer and Metaphysician who is totally committed to helping others create positive and action oriented changes to their lives.
Michaela is the author of several e-books including Basic House-Clearing 101 â€“ the Energy Way.Michaela Scherr Transformational Coach